Aug 29, 2011

The DREADED first day

We made through the first day, I just hope the second and third go a lot better. Ellie woke up this morning with a big smile on her face, she was so excited all morning long. She keep asking me if it was time to go yet. We left plenty early so I thought we would stop and get the mail before heading down the hill. Well Ellie seemed to of locked the keys in the car with Braxton buckled in his car seat. He was not worried at all cause he was watching Thomas. Well Ellie told me she would stay by the car to keep an eye on Brax and while I ran home to grab the extra set of keys. When we finally got in the car Braxton looked at us like nothing had happened. He was to focused on his movie.
We still made it to school a few minutes early so I thought I would walk Ellie in which I told myself I was not going to do. She was fine hanging her bag in the hall way but once we stepped foot in class the tears started to form. I had a hard time staying strong but I manged to do it. After five or ten minutes in class I finally just walked out while the teacher tried to comfort her. Once I reached the front door of the school I started to cry myself. I knew she would be fine but I just hate it when she says, "mom please don't leave me." Just breaks my heart.
Well the afternoon seemed to fly right by. Braxton loved every minute of it cause he had all my attention and he didn't have her bugging him all the time. When it was time to go get her from the bus stop I decided that Braxton and I would just walk down to get her. The bus arrived and it seemed like all the kids were off but still no Ellie. I finally stepped on the bus and sure enough, there she was sitting right behind the bus driver with the biggest eyes I have ever seen. When she saw me she got the biggest smile on her face. I was getting a little worried that she didn't make it on the right bus. I asked her why she didn't get off and her reply was, "I wasn't looking out the window and I didn't know where we were." Well once we got home she couldn't stop talking about school.

Things she said today that cracked me up:

Brax you need to be good today for mom cause I have to go to school.
Mom I was crying cause I just think you are the best mom
Mom do you have a drink of water cause it's been along day and I'm dying of thirst
I smiled when I got off the bus cause I saw you


Ellie Bug's I love you so much!!!



i wasn't able to get many pictures of her at school or on the bus cause we were to busy trying to make school a happy place to be







No comments: