Aug 30, 2011

Braxtons Dentist Visit

I don't know why I tortured myself two days in a row but I am looking forward to the rest of the week. Braxton has had an odd looking too the for awhile, but we have been keeping regular dental visits to make sure it didn't get too bad. Well last time we were in they told us that he needed to have something down with it and they would have to sedate him. Me being a big woos and knowing what it all in tels I was dreading it from the time I made the app. Well today was the day!!
I think it was the longest trip to twin I have had. He cried for a drink and begged to back home the whole way. Ever since he was hospitalized he has a HUGE fear or Dr. offices, hair cuts, dentist you name it, it scares him. The appointment did not start off good cause they gave him a nasal medicine to sedate him and it burned really bad. In about two minutes he was looped and feeling really good. It was funny to watch him cause he laughed so hard at himself that he would snort. When the Dr came in they asked me to leave cause the next step was to strap him down. I hated it but I put my big girl pants on and did just fine. When they finally came and got me they told me he was really upset. When I walked in the room he was screaming, kicking and punching the poor assistant. It took awhile to get him calmed down. They ended up having to do more than planned which is always a bummer especially when the total amount goes up a couple hundred.
The first thing I noticed when I walked in the room was the size of his poor lip, he had chewed it up to hamburger. The ride home was really quite cause he sleep the whole way. He was a little crabby when he woke up. He just keep asking to take the thing of his lip cause it was bugging him, he didn't realize it was his lip. After the sedation medicine wore off he was wound up so tight bouncing off the walls. I just hope we don't have to do this again for awhile.






No comments: